(Linked Independent Living and Advice Centre)
Support even more young people with disabilities
For the past 8 years, Autonomie (formally the Lilac Service) has supported hundreds of children and young people with disabilities. As demand for our services increases we have opened a new centre in south Belfast.
LILAC House (Linked Independent Living and Advice Centre) allows us to support even more children and young people with disabilities and allied additional needs as well provide support to their parents, siblings and extended families.
This new accessible centre is a welcoming space, equipped with modern facilities.
LILAC House will deliver programmes on building self-confidence, life skills, networking to build friendships and even a chance to try independent living at purpose-designed units on the premises. To learn more about our plans click here.
LILAC House at a glance:
- To offer short-term living accommodation for up to 20 young people with disabilities per year. These modern and accessible facilities would offer a chance to try independent living on the premises and help these young people transition more successfully onto their own housing
- An advice and training facility to enable us to provide support in helping these young people build confidence and acquire new skills
- An education and training facility which will assist and support, young people and their families
- A bright and spacious lounge where the local community will be welcome to use facilities
- A toy and resource library
- A wellbeing room
- A space where young people can enjoy activities, companionship and creative and social skills workshops
- A kitchen equipped with modern accessible facilities
Learn about LILAC House fit out costs here
How businesses can support our LILAC House Appeal
Donation – Charity of the year, staff fundraising, recycling, product endorsement, and Sponsor a room/equipment (plaque of recognition).
Sponsorship – Support LILAC House fit out appeal, support or fundraising efforts.
Gift in kind – By offering a service, expertise or products your organisation can give an indirect donation saving the charity expenditure (e.g. heat, power and lighting bills).
Volunteering – Staff volunteer opportunities are available at Autonomie to enhance and increase fundraising income.
Contact us today! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02895 918 051