(Linked Independent Living and Advice Centre)
All young people involved with Autonomie have various physical disabilities and allied additional needs.
For the past 8 years, Autonomie (formally the Lilac Service) has supported hundreds of children and young people with disabilities. As demand for our services increases we have embarked upon an ambitious project to deliver a new centre in Belfast.
Autonomie is hoping to open a new centre in South Belfast providing support to children and young people with additional needs as well providing support to their parents, siblings and extended families.
The new accessible centre will be a welcoming space, equipped with modern facilities.
LILAC House will deliver programmes on building self-confidence, life skills, networking to build friendships and even a chance to try independent living at purpose-designed units on the premises.
When will the new centre open?
We expect the new centre (LILAC House) to open in early 2017. However we must secure funding to open LILAC House.
LIlac house at a glance:
- To offer short-term living accommodation for up to 20 young people with disabilities per year. These modern and accessible facilities would offer a chance to try independent living on the premises and help these young people transition more successfully onto their own housing
- An advice and training facility to enable us to provide support in helping these young people build confidence and acquire new skills
- An education and training facility which will assist and support, young people and their families
- A bright and spacious lounge where the local community will be welcome to use facilities
- A space where young people can enjoy activities, companionship and creative and social skills workshops
- A kitchen equipped with modern accessible facilities
To find out how much it will cost to fit out LILAC House click here.
How businesses can support our LILAC House Appeal
Donation – Charity of the year, staff fundraising, recycling, product endorsement, and Sponsor a room/equipment (plaque of recognition).
Sponsorship – Support LILAC House fit out appeal, support or fundraising efforts.
Gift in kind – By offering a service, expertise or products your organisation can give an indirect donation saving the charity expenditure (e.g. heat, power and lighting bills).
Volunteering – Staff volunteer opportunities are available at Autonomie to enhance and increase fundraising income.